2. How D4S Protects Information. D4S makes reasonable efforts to protect from unauthorized use or disclosure personal information that is received from users. We do not allow unauthorized access via the Internet to the portion of our server that contains information that can be identified as coming from a particular user. All credit card information provided as requested for donations is encrypted in accordance with the SSL protocol. The Santa Fe Community Foundation does not retain any end-user credit card information once the processing of the transaction has been completed. D4S does not receive or store any credit card or check information.
3. How D4S Uses Information.
3.1 General. D4S uses information for the following general purposes: to fund student projects; to provide information regarding approved projects to the donors; to ensure that the project requestor sends thank-you notes to donors; to improve the content of our site, our services or programs; and to contact you.
3.2 Contacting You. By donating, you agree to receive emails, based on transactional activity, that may include confirmation emails, receipts, acknowledgment messages, updates on proposals that you've funded, or updates on teacher feedback. You can also sign up for extra email updates and news ("Newsletter"). You can unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by contacting D4S or by using the link found on the email message to unsubscribe. E-mail addresses provided by users will be used only to send e-mail from or related to D4S. D4S strictly enforces e-mail privacy; and e-mail addresses are not sold, leased or bartered to or with any third parties. Postal addresses collected on-line may be used for various mailings from D4S and its partners, including the forwarding of student and teacher thank-you letters or other correspondence and pictures in appreciation of your donation. Postal addresses are not sold, leased or bartered to or with any third parties.
3.3 Donations, Registries and Other Services.
By voluntarily providing the Santa Fe Community Foundation with your credit card information, name, postal address, billing address, e-mail address and telephone number and any other personally identifiable information, you consent to our use of such information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, such as processing your donations, funding a project in someone's honor, and/or for providing any other service or product you request.
3.4 Aggregate Data. D4S may collect information about the use of the website, such as the types of services used and how many users we receive daily. This information is collected in aggregate form without identifying any user individually. D4S may use this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing or similar promotional purposes. This use may include disclosure of this information to a third party market analysis firm.
4. How D4S Discloses Information. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others without your express consent. The Santa Fe Community Foundation on our behalf will disclose your personal information only to process your credit card donations. We may also disclose information in the following circumstances.
4.1 Governmental Order. D4S may provide your personal information if necessary, in D4S's good faith judgment, to comply with the laws or regulations of a governmental or regulatory body or in response to a valid subpoena, warrant or order or to protect the rights of DS or others.
4.2 Business Transition. If D4S goes through a business transition, such as a change in fiscal agents, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we reserve the right to transfer your personal information, which will likely be among the assets transferred.
4.3 Contractors and Other Third Party Service Providers. D4S may employ contractors or other third parties. These contractors or other third parties may have access to your personal information if necessary in order to perform services for us; but they may use such personal information only for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
5. A Note to Parents. Use of the site by children (defined as persons under the age of 18) that is permitted under the User Agreement with parental consent and supervision does not require disclosure of any personal information about the child. D4S does not intend for any child to provide personally identifiable data to D4S.
6. Teachers. The following additional terms apply to those users who sign up for a teacher account and/or are approved by D4S to post a teacher funding proposal:
6.1 General Rule. D4S will liberally disclose a teacher's title (Mr., Ms, etc.), last name, school address, proposal information, and feedback compiled for funded projects. Recipients of such information include school officials, teacher colleagues, site visitors, donors, partners, news media, third party contractors, and other teachers.
6.2 Student Projects. D4S will provide visitors and potential donors with information regarding student projects available for funding.
6.3 School Officials and Teacher Colleagues.
D4S may provide information about a teacher including but not restricted to name, school postal address, and proposal information, project and funding amount supplied to a teacher in connection with a project to principals, teacher colleagues, superintendents, or other employees of local, state, or federal school systems.
6.4 Donors. D4S may provide donors and site visitors with information about a teacher, namely the teacher's title, school, grade level, last name, and proposals submitted by him/her.
7. Your Right to Access and Amend Your Personal Information . You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes being able to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any personal information that is in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment to your personal information are as follows:
Submit a request in writing to: Dollars4Schools.org Attn: Operations 216 Washington Santa Fe, NM 87501, The request should include your name, address, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access or the specific information in dispute and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within thirty (30) business days to enable you to access our information in person or to obtain the copies that you have requested or to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal. You will have an opportunity to challenge this judgment.